- Trip Overview
1 Day Kilimanjaro hike via Marangu Route
Kilimanjaro One Day Climb
1 Day Kilimanjaro hike via Marangu Route is one of Short Kilimanjaro Trips for one Day Kilimanjaro Climb. This short Kilimanjaro Kilimanjaro tour. Experience the adventure of climbing Africa's highest peak; although this excursion only takes you to 2765m at the first Hut (Mandara) it will reward you with spectacular views and plenty of excitement.
This 1 Day Kilimanjaro hike via Marangu Route can be added to any of your Safari Tours in Tanzania.
- Airport pick up and drop off
- All park entrances fees
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) during the safari for emergence evacuations
- Entry visa for Tanzania
- Laundry Services
- Personal expenses
Itinerary for 1 Day Kilimanjaro Hike Via Marangu Route
Leave Moshi town about 08:30am and drive for about 45 minutes to Marangu Gate on the eastern side of Kilimanjaro for 1 Day Kilimanjaro hike Via Marangu Route. Marangu is one of the most popular routes to the summit.
Assisted by your Local Kilimanjaro Guide do the necessary paperwork at the park gate.
Begin hiking at about 9:30 am. Enjoy hiking through Kilimanjaro’s tropical rainforest covered with mist and beautiful scenery with good luck expect some animal sightings.
Stop half way for lunch. Reach Mandara Huts located at 2700 m. Take a short tour of the surroundings and start your descend back to Marangu gate.
On the way tour Maundi Crater (about 15 minutes away) where you will enjoy views of Kenya and Northern Tanzania.
Return to Moshi in the late evening.
Overnight at Parkview Inn
Accommodation: Parkview Inn
Meals included today: Breakfast, lunch box and dinner included.
Some important notes:
- Children younger than 12 years old are not allowed to climb Kilimanjaro.
- It is possible to modify this tour and overnight in the Mountain at Mandara Huts.
- This excursion can be arranged either while on a safari in Tanzania.
- Domestic flights baggage is restricted to 15 kg per person incl. Hand luggage. Suitcases are unsuitable for road safaris; passengers should bring only soft sided bags.
- Is strongly recommended you purchase travel insurance with medical evacuation coverage, rescuers will only bring you to the Park Gate, and your insurance should cover transportation to a local hospital and medical treatment.
- Yellow Fever vaccination is required for visitors to Tanzania.